| My family - Christmas 2010 |
By the time we arrived back home in Omaha, Charley was better, but Curtis and I were still hanging on to the nasty cough. I eventually started feeling better, but Curtis took a turn for the worse. His cold had somehow turned into pneumonia. So here we are, more than two weeks later, and "mom" is still on "nurse-maid active duty". Oh, and did I mention that Charley has decided to start teething in addition to having his sleep schedule completely turned around since coming home from vacation? Coffee, Diet Pepsi, and quick jaunts outside in the cold air have kept me going for the last few days. Wonder how long that will last? :-)
You are probably thinking, "Wow, what a complainer. We all have difficult days now and then." Well, just to be clear, I'm actually not complaining (well, maybe a "teeny" bit), but I'm writing all of this down to remind myself. Remind myself that God has blessed me immensely with a wonderful, loving husband and a sweet, beautiful foster son, both of whom I love with all my heart. God has given me the opportunity to show them this love by caring for them, even when I feel like going to bed and pulling the covers over my head! He won't give me more than I can handle...physically or emotionally. And, I know he's always with me, walking along side me, probably even cheering me on.
I thank God for my circumstances...the good and the bad. Hopefully, I use them all to grow a little bit in Him. As I wrap this up, I'm reveling in the "quiet". Curtis and Charley (and Sheba) are sleeping, Sebastian the cat is outside, the TV is off, and all I hear is the furnace running. God is here. In fact, I can imagine him sitting here in the living room with me, smiling, saying, "See, it's all good. Just keep trusting me."
Love to ya,
Shell
I love that close up picture of Charley and his cute baby gums! Hope everyone feels better soon!
ReplyDelete