Friday, May 20, 2011

Introducing... DOCTOR Curtis Lane Prichard!

Dr. Curtis Lane Prichard
On Friday, May 13th, my darling husband walked across a stage, was "hooded", and officially became a Doctor of Pharmacy.  I can not tell you how proud I am of this man.  He has worked so hard for this day.  He has shown so much perseverance, determination, and stamina in finishing this degree.  He felt called by God to a task, obeyed, and now I'm so excited to see what God has in store for him as he puts his new degree into action.

I was one proud wife walking down the bleacher stairs to the front of the stage to take pictures of MY graduate.  I proudly held our son, Charley, in my arms while snapping hundreds of pictures of Curtis receiving his hood and shaking hands with the Dean of the school.  As they read Curtis's name, I instinctively shouted, "Hallelujah!!"  Immediately followed by the thought, "Did I just shout that out loud!?"  What a great day for our family!

God showed up that day in a very interesting way, and showed us that He does have a sense of humor.  First of all, Curtis graduated on Friday the 13th.  How very appropriate! :-)  Secondly, God allowed Curtis more time than any other graduate on the stage.  The camera broke right before Curtis was to shake hands with the Dean for a picture.  So, there he stood...center stage...cheesing for my camera and smirking that the "certain" professors who didn't necessarily think he could make it to this final day had to look at him just a little longer and ponder the fact that he was STILL THERE!  Hmm..."revenge is not ours". LOL!

After the hooding ceremony, we spent a wonderful evening celebrating Curtis's achievement with our good Omaha friends.  What a great day.  A day neither one of us will ever forget!

Love to ya!
Shell

Let's celebrate!
Our Next Graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment