Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Charley's "Sixth Sense"??


Just a short post tonight about a silly thing that happened to me in the "wee hours of the morning"...

Charley is still waking up most nights anytime between 2:30 and 4:00 am for a feeding. I have complained about this in the past, but the fact of the matter is...my body and brain are accustomed to it.  I'm on auto-pilot now. Of course, when he decides to wait until 4:00 am, I thank my lucky stars, but I'm also in a much deeper sleep.  Last night, I woke up and looked at the clock...3:30 am.  "YES!" was my first thought.  "Oh, be very still" was my second thought.  You see, I was convinced that Charley wakes up EVERY time I wake up and move in the slightest way.  It seems that this has happened several times this week.  I just couldn't figure it out.  He's asleep in his room, with the noise of a humidifier, and the door pulled almost shut.  How could he know when I wake up??  So, I lay there, holding my breath, still as a mouse, until I hear that he's not going to be consoled without my presence (or a bottle!). :-)

What's actually happening, of course, is that I'm waking up to Charley's babbling for me.  But, for some reason, that didn't occur to me until this morning, when I was awake enough (after a couple cups of coffee) to think about it.  I chuckled at how silly this was, but endearing at the same time.  It's funny to me that I was able to fool myself into thinking that I was waking up "on my own" and that Charley could somehow sense that.

Now, off to bed again tonight.  It's nice to know I don't need to torture myself by holding my breath and not moving a muscle!  "Little Wild Man" will already be awake and waiting for MoMo to come rescue him with a bottle.

Love to ya!
Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment