has changed my life, stolen my heart, and shown me that GOD'S plan is ALWAYS better than what I have in my mind. As he naps this Thanksgiving morning, I'm reminded how blessed I truly am. I never thought I could top the Thanksgiving that Curtis and I spent with Claudia in 2008 when we relaxed at home and made our own Thanksgiving meal, but...this one is turning out, well...
This Thanksgiving has been AWESOME! We ALL (even Charley!) slept late, ate a BIG breakfast of biscuits and gravy and homemade banana bread (ok, some of us...Charley had applesauce, cereal and formula), and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while enjoying a warm fire. We have taken a nap and now we're getting "all dressed up" for a nice Thanksgiving dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.
God has richly blessed my life with so many things for which I am grateful...family, friends, church, a warm house, plenty to eat, the opportunity to stay home and watch Charley grow, a husband who loves me unconditionally...and most importantly grace. Grace for my sins, for not always trusting Him completely, for being too afraid to obey. He has shown me that He loves me enough to cover me in His grace while redirecting my paths. What an awesome God we serve!
So, as I continue to enjoy this Thanksgiving Day, I'm able to look back on the day, when we had Claudia, and remember the happy moments, the laughs, giggles, and the blessed feeling I had in my heart. God knew He needed us in her life for only a short while. He knew that we needed a whole year to heal before he brought us a new foster child, and He knew that Charley would steal my heart (even though I would have never believed it until it happened!)
Enjoy this day and take the opportunity to "count your blessings and name them one by one..."
Love to ya!
Shell
| Charley - Thanksgiving Day 2010 |
![]() |
| Claudia Rose - Thanksgiving Day 2008 |
![]() |
| Claudia Rose and PoPo- Thanksgiving Day 2008 |
| Charley- Thanksgiving 2010 |


No comments:
Post a Comment