Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall Is In the Air!

                                     

Sitting by the fire in my living room is one of my FAVE things to do in early fall.  I sit in my chair (when I can make it there before a furry creature that shall remain nameless. See pic above) and dream about the cool weather, snow, and the Christmas season to come.  I relish the moment knowing that in a few months I will be cursing the COLD and SNOW while wondering why on earth I was ever dreaming about the "white stuff".  But, I do it anyway, and tonight was the inauguration of the fireplace for the season. It was wonderful!  It was a nice finish to a great fall day.  We made a trip to the farmer's market in the brisk, windy weather to scoop up a big bag of fresh veggies, goat cheese, eggs, and even a cute little knit hat for Charley.  We stopped for a big, warm bowl of soup for lunch, then came home and cooked a yummy meal with all our "wares".  A very "fallish" thing to do.

So, in the midst of feeling blessed with a wonderful family and a beautiful day, God showed up in a real way.  I've been praying for opportunities to get to know one of my friends on a more personal level, and have been frustrated because it just never seems to happen.  He answered that prayer today, in the most unlikely way.  I care about this friend and I want her to know Jesus like I do. God knows my heart and He wants to know my friend's heart.  Why wouldn't he answer my prayers for opportunities?  Oh, trust....it's a daily decision.

If it's cool where you are right now, I hope you get outside and enjoy this glorious weather!

Love to ya!
Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment