Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Time to Get Serious!

Since Charley was added to our household in early June, I have conveniently been "too busy" or "too tired" to workout consistently.  I will occasionally hop on my elliptical trainer in the basement, do the Wii Fit, or go for a run with the dog, but none of these activities have assisted in my quest for weight loss and keeping fit. Curtis has also been threatening to get in shape since about half-way through pharmacy school.  All the sitting through classes, sitting to study, and sitting in front of the TV to relax when he's not in classes or studying has slowly been catching up with him.  So, Curtis and I made a commitment to ourselves and to each other that we were going to "get serious!"

We checked out a couple of gyms in our neighborhood and settled on one that was new, well-equipped with machines, weights, and classes, and best of all (for me)....free childcare!  We were also happy to note that because the gym is so new, there aren't that many members.  This means Charley will more than likely be one of only a few babies in the childcare room this winter when the nasty colds are in season.  Soooo happy about that!

Tonight was our first "getting fit" outing as a family.  We packed Charley up, donned our workout clothes, and headed for the gym to sweat and strain for 2 hours.  I'm happy to say that neither one of us fainted, pulled a muscle, or cursed at a machine.  In fact, we were all smiles as we walked out the gym door...even Charley.  (He loved Annie, the childcare worker)

Determined, I plan to share our "success stories" with you along with a picture of the new, slim/trim, and fit Prichard family, as the new year rolls around.  For now, I will have to share the latest picture of the "not so fit us" taken on date-night at our favorite restaurant, where we stuffed ourselves with yummy food and drink.  A fitting farewell to our old bad habits....let's hope.
                                                 

Love to ya!
Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment