Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Whew!! That took forever...

So now that I have spent HOURS (well maybe only a couple) just getting this blog up and running, I think I'll share just a little of what's on my mind today.  Charley (aka "Wild Man") had a 5 hour visit with his bio parents for the second time in about 3 weeks.  I'm not used to being away from him for so long, AND it's a given that I worry every time he leaves the house without me.  Will they love on him?  Will they feed and change him when he needs it?  Will they play with him?  Does he cry? Scream?  Needless to say, a lot of prayers go up from the Prichard household during these LONG 5 hours.  So, during my prayer time today, I was reminded of a sermon by Steve Moltumyr (Brookside Church, Omaha, NE).  Pastor Steve shared words from Tony Snow before he passed away in 2008.   "What is man that Thou art mindful of him? We don't know much, but we know this: No matter where we are, no matter what we do, no matter how bleak or frightening our prospects, each and every one of us who believe, each and every day, lies in the same safe and impregnable place, in the hollow of God's hand."  

WOW!  We, as believers, all lie in "the hollow of God's hand." HOW COOL IS THAT!?  The picture of Charley sleeping snuggled in God's hand was enough to drive the worries away...nuff said.

Love to ya!
Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment